Monday, December 31, 2012

I've looked at life from both sides now

 
top-cat power tee  skirt-American apparel  tights-Joe


It says Manhattan on the side.
OK I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE THINKING: Oh wow her arms are really quite deformed! But no, I actually have quite normal arms if you look at the rest of my blog, it's just the angle.

sweater-thrifted  skirt-American apparel  tights- they were in my tights drawer and I just chose them because they were black and I have no idea where they are from.




My grandma gave me this for Christmas! EEE! Isn't it amazing?? The photo kind of sucks because it won't flip. The top is red and so is the bottom.

A box of 45s from my mom's childhood! Yay lots of 60s stuff!



My record collection so far. We have way more downstairs, but I haven't gone through them yet. Joni Mitchell, The Beatles, The Beatles, Simon & Garfunkel, Cat Power, Blondie, Simon & Garfunkel, the Doors, the Eagles. My mom and I went to a second hand record store on Boxing day. It was so much fun! We got the 3 on the bottom, and the Cat Power & Blondie ones. She insisted we get the Doors and the Eagles because she loves them so much. The rest are my parent's from like 20 years ago. We have a disassembled turntable downstairs, but my dad says there would be nowhere to put it. Hence the tiny one up there. 

Frida book from my mom

Collage book also from my mom

New books from my parents

PENS!!! eee! <3
 
My newest wall with pictures of space and a map of the heavens.


Sorry its kind of messy.
 
 
 
So I had a nice Christmas. We went to stay with my Grandma from Monday until Thursday so we could visit family and stuff.  I got some clothes and books from my parents, and my aunt and uncle gave me Parks + Rec season 4. We had nice dinners all week full of gravy, potatoes, turkey and yummy things like that. I made cookies and decorated them too. I don't have any pictures because I ate them all. :) I hope you had a nice Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa.
 

Little babies sleeping.
 
 
And here are some watercolours I did yesterday. I kind of let it run on purpose, because I like how it looks. Kind of free and flowy looking, I think.

Wintry cats

A girl. I kind of looked at my face for this one, but I changed the eyes, mouth and face shape. The hair, eyebrows and nose is all mine. So in a way it's kind of a self portrait, but not really.

Another girl. As you can see, I'm very into barrettes. And blue.
 

 
 
 
Pretty.
 
 
REMEMBER TO VOTE ON MY POLL UP THERE!
 
 

12 comments:

  1. Both of your skirts are so cute. they remind me of like the first ever month of rookie, back to school and stuff, do you remember?
    And your wee drawings are adorable I love the black pen outline, so simple and pretty.
    And also thanks for the Joni Mitchell. my mum told me the other day that I should listen to her (we were watching love actually, when the wife gets a joni mitchell cd for christmas so..) It was really nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That skirt. It is so perfect. <3 It reminds me of Angela Chase kind of...someone I'm always trying to emulate.


    Greta xoxo
    laviedegreta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are soooooo cool :)
    I love the second outfit too cute!
    I'm so jealous of your record player I once saw a 70's disco barbie
    one for sale on etsy it was the coolest thing ever!
    I'm happy to know you don't have facebook either people always
    ask me why I don't have one and it's simply because I don't want one,
    and would rather be looking up hubble space or freaks and geeks quotes instead

    ReplyDelete
  4. umm yup, totally obsessed with this outfit. Also, your Christmas gifts rock! jealous.

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. MAREN! I got your comment about the submission thing being faulty on my new collective!! can you email me via stylewandering@gmail.com
    I really want your submission!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your outfit!!!! And ooHHH your record player is awesome. I got one for christmas too except it's new so it's not as rad.
    Eryn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me and my dad were just playing that song on ukulele the other day!! Ahhhh! Your Christmas presents are so good, like awesome times infinity!

    On the Facebook thing, I don't have it either. And people are always like, oh why don't you want it?? They think I am trying to be all cool by not getting it, but really I just don't want it and talking to people online you see everyday anyway doesn't make sense to me.
    CARLA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ps: cat power is pretty darn magical.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohmygosh. Your style is awesome! totally, this outfit is so cool, this skirt ( i love american appareal)! I love Blondie and John Lennon! You have great blog ;) !

    with kisses - Luna :*

    ps. check out my blog : http://lifestylebyluna.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in love with the record player, it's perfect, and I neeeed that Joni Mitchell record! Lovely blog, i'm enjoying looking through your posts xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. That American Apparel skirt is the best ever. And I love your record player! It's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. UGH, this post is like heaven. I LOVE THE DOORS SO MUCH AND I'M CRAZY JEALOUS OF YOU AND YOUR RECORD PLAYER.

    R x

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I like comments. You've made my day. Literally.